Nearly everyone has heard about the “catering business”, but what exactly is it all about? There may be some out there who think it also applies to fast food (junk food) restaurants, which is certainly not the case.
So, what is it then? The modern catering business is made up of companies that can provide mostly food, drinks and some other services to a various clients, commonly for special events. The catering businesses work can range from catering to small personal, intimate meetings, to larger open gatherings which will provide not just food and drink services, but also things such as tableware, linens, service crew and other features of the event, as in music and live music.
- Professional catering companies in Dubai who provide the best catering services, can be both large and small and can provide a range of alternative foods such as vegetarian or exclusive dietary foods.
Matters of Size
Smaller types of dinners and banquets are increasingly popular events for which the expert caterer must provide their professional services. Such events are at times laid on in somebody’s home, a restaurant or some outdoor venue. And there are also a number of folks who wish to have a personal caterer who is able to provide a great private catering service, anytime that it is wished for.
- Mostly, the caterer is hired particularly to cater to large events like weddings, birthdays, family reunions or a corporate event.
Skilled caterers are experts at working alongside large crowds of attendees and to the full requirements of corporate customers. Popular events like a company picnic, holiday celebrations and various functions put on to accommodate clients and customers, are all administered by these corporate catering specialists.
- These renowned companies have contracts with certain caterers so that company executives know already the level and grade of service and expertise to expect.
TA number of favoured restaurants can also provide an outside catering component. Some customers will know and enjoy a restaurant’s food so much, that they would like the very same food to be served up at a function they are going to throw. Sometimes, these restaurants may even have an independent banquet area for this type of purpose that also provides staff, linens, tables and chairs.
Along with working in the catering business comes other skills which are deemed necessary also. The competence to:
- Make out schedules
- Plan a wide range of assorted menus
- Order the occasional huge quantity of required items
- Interact with vendors
- Being able to provide excellent customer service
All are important components of this kind of business
A Busy Business!
Certainly not for those out there who are faint at heart! And although hospitality training can be studied in specialised classes, all of which will prove useful in the catering business, it can be learnt also in job training.
Hoping that all of your events go perfectly!