When it comes to contemporary safety and security provisions, we often think of CCTV camera systems, access controls, manned guards, detection systems, alarms, fire extinguishers, and other prominent equipment that we interact with on a day-to-day basis. However, it’s important to note that we live in a different world now – a world that has changed drastically over the past few years, due in large part to vehicular terrorist attacks.
We’ve all witnessed the carnage in Barcelona, New York City, Stockholm, and countless other places around the globe but we’ve also endured some harrowing incidents right here at home as well. From the appalling episodes on the London Bridge and in Finsbury Park to the heinous attacks in Westminster and numerous other locales around the UK, we have every reason to begin augmenting and improving our prevention tactics with regard to vehicular security.
As such, one of the most integral security implements in today’s day and age is the modernised vehicle barrier, which is why we’ve created this brief article to outline the myriad of advantages associated with installing these crucial provisions around your place of business.
Not all buildings are susceptible to terrorist threats; however, many can benefit from vehicle access restrictions. So if you’re considering the installation of a vehicle barrier in Cambridge, for instance, take a look at what today’s most knowledgeable security specialists are saying about these physical blockades:
- “They create a viable choke point that allows you to manage incoming and outgoing traffic on your premises.”
- “Vehicle barriers have been proven to reduce nearby traffic speed and density.”
- “A structurally sound vehicular blockade provides all nearby pedestrians with a sense of security and safety.”
- “The best way to repel speeding vehicles and trespassers is to strategically implement security barriers around your property.”
As you can see by now, a vehicle barrier is essentially a physical line that cannot be breached without the proper credentials and some form of prior authorisation, which makes it the ideal first line of defence for your structure.
In addition to providing an impassable wall of security, vehicle barriers can also help streamline and normalise on-site activities:
- By mitigating the number of access points on the premises, your on-site security personnel will be able to conduct searches and checks with greater ease and efficiency.
- A security barrier allows you to prevent potentially dangerous through-traffic by eliminating the risk of a readily available shortcut for drivers.
- Car park barriers can prevent an overflow of vehicles and decrease the prevalence of on-site car accidents.
- Strategic vehicle barriers will decrease the number of vulnerable areas on your property and you’ll be able to augment the positioning of your security cameras, detection alarms, and other provisions.
With a wide selection of modernised vehicle barriers at your disposal – including removable metal blockades, collapsible bollards, architectural posts, stone pillars, and other durable obstacles – you’ll be able to find the perfect solution for your business and rest easy knowing that you’re one step closer to comprehensive on-site safety.